Thursday, 18 June 2015

A Visit to My Dining Room Gallery

My Dining Room Gallery
This little guy was just completed a few days ago and will be added shortly to the display.

Finishing UFO's

I am trying to get back at finishing an old project that was first started a few years ago and was put together and started again a couple of years ago. It is being done by QAYG using the column method by Nancy Zieman. I got back into it about a week or so ago and have another column and the second border now attached. I am calling it "The Lovers Trail"as it will be a wedding quilt.


Quite sometime has gone by since I got this project out but I found I had to do a lot of hand quilting yet and I have had some carpel tunnel problems over the past year and have not recovered from the surgery sufficiently to take on the remaining hand quilting. In general I have left the hand quilting behind but since this quilt was started this way I need to complete it by hand. My decision was to leave it for the winter months.


Two projects that I finished this past week:  The first is an idea that came from Craftsy. I have not named these projects as yet.















Meanwhile I have finished up another 3 projects. I must now photograph them and post them here.

The Orphanage is Complete

The Orphanage  has been complete from a few months now but I got behind on my blogging. Trying to get back at it. I moved house and lost a cable to connect to my camera and had to find a different system.....hard to keep up with changing technology.
The Orphanage


Tuesday, 8 July 2014

Art Projects 2012-13


My first Art Piece
Sunflower Delight
My first attempt at Quilt Art. I have called it "Sunflower Delight". I have used various free motion designs with metallic and variegated  threads, corded twisted wool. braid and rick rack and the addition of some buttons. I drew the pattern onto freezer paper then cut the fabric pieces.  (Feb.2013)

I was inspired to this piece of art by a watercolour painting that I did a couple of years ago . I took a piece of freezer paper and drew out a design then cut it out and used it to cut out my fabric.
The pieces went together quite quickly. I glued them to a light interfacing as a stabalizer for the machine embroidery.  




It's a Journey!
Auditioning party. What costume should I wear? This little piece started as a improvo practice piece and is now moving on to new things. At this point nothing is sure. We wait to see. Come visit again and see what becomes of me.
"Faith, Hope, Charity".....a new piece in process on my all too small designer board. Still has to be quilted and a couple items adjusted but it is coming along.

Monday, 7 July 2014

A Facebook group Started

I had been working on a bargello but got a bit bogged down with it. I wanted to add some butterflies but wasn't feeling like that at the moment so I have put this on hold for a while.
Then I got involved in starting a new facebook Quilting group called Improv.Quilting/Permission to play. Sound like fun. Join us.
. I have found that delving into improv has helped me be more creative and more willing to step out, dive in.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/Improv.QuiltingPermissiontoplay